header
Online Payment Solution

historical building

History of the Dayton Shrine

On May 10, 1897, thirty nine Shriners assembled in Dayton, Ohio to petition the Imperial Shrine Council for a dispensation to be called Antioch Shrine. On June 14th, 1898 a charter was granted establishing Antioch Shrine Temple. On July 18th, 1898 the first Divan (governing body) was duly elected and installed. Antioch met in several sites in Dayton over the years, from the Hotel Atlas, Hotel Beckel, Phillips House to the Masonic Temple on North Main Street in 1907. The current site of Antioch was purchased in 1919. The buildings on the property were used until 1954 when plans were finalized to build the current Art Deco/Art Modern structure we use today.

Strong, prosperous and firmly established within the Shrine of North America, Antioch Temple has earned its niche. Potentates, leaders and members throughout the years, have each contributed their rightful shares. Their achievements have represented teamwork at the highest order by thousands of nobles with one single purpose — HELPING CHILDREN!